Columbia SC Real Estate Blog
Victorian Home For Sale in Elmwood Park
2301 Lincoln Street Columbia, SC 29201
- 3100 Sq Ft
- 3 Large Bedrooms
- Downstairs large office
- Family Room
- Historic Register
- Large Corner Lot
- Wrap Around Porch
- High Ceilings
- Equisite Details
- Off Street Parking
- Private Garden
Call or email Tonya Graves (803) 238-8612 TonyaDGraves@gmail.com for a private showing
8 Reasons to consider a new construction home in Columbia, SC
Bethany Way of Capital City Realty is a new home specialist and shares why buyers should consider new construction in their home search:
- New homes are energy efficient. You save money on monthly utilities, making buying and maintaining a home even more affordable.
- New home builders are happy to work with you and your buyer’s agent.
- Your new home will be covered under a home warranty, including a structural warranty. Many other components of the home will have additional warranties (HVAC, appliances, etc).
- Many builders will pay buyer closing costs as an incentive, giving you more funds for a down payment or to spend on furniture for your new digs.
- Builders almost always have finished or nearly completed homes for buyers with shorter time constraints.
- For buyers with more time flexibility, you can also select your own floor plan and lot and build from start to finish, customizing your new home to your preferred finishes and colors.
- Fewer repairs are needed and no updating is required. A new home minimizes out of pocket costs for buyers, making it especially appealing for a first time buyer.
- Some builders may offer other incentives such as free upgrades or a job-based incentive for teachers, military, or law enforcement.
If you have questions about building or new home construction, contact Bethany Way at 803-873-4096 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Columbia has many home builders and new home communities in all areas of town. Let Bethany help you select the community and builder that is right for you.
Carolina Classic Home and Garden Show in Columbia, SC
One can expect to have a great time and learn new things related to home and garden. There are more than 200 different exhibitors offering great products and ideas. The exhibitors offer home improvement, outdoor products and the latest in construction ideas.
The Home and Garden show will offer multiple seminars to educate visitors on many subjects. Visitors can attend the free seminars and learn about home construction, home improvements, remodeling, high tech homes and of course all things lawn and garden.
Today there is a wine walk so head on over to the SC Fairgrounds, get a glass of wine and enjoy viewing all the wonderful home and garden exhibits. The wine walk is Friday 5-8 and cost is $30 which includes your ticket price for the Home and Garden show. A variety of different wines will be available for sample.
If you have any doubt about attending, don't hesitate. The Home and Garden show will be giving away more than $15,000 in prizes. Every year this shows exceeds my expectations and fills visitors with inspiration for both their home and garden. See you there!
Carolina Classic Home and Garden Show 2013:
When: February 8 - 10, 2013
- Friday 11am - 8pm
- Saturday 9am - 7pm
- Sunday 11am - 6pm
SC Home and Garden Tickets:
- $6 per person at the gate
- Kids Free Daily
- Over 62 years free Friday only
Home and Garden 2013 Location:
- SC State Fairgrounds (interactive map below)
Wildewood Custom Home For Sale
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 1/2 Bathrooms
- 2800 + sq ft
- Open Concept
- Chef's Kitchen
- Heart Pine Floors
- 12 foot ceilings
- Surround sound
- Ranch Style
- Side Entry Garage
- Large Rear Deck
- Private Back Yard
For more information or to schedule a private showing please contact:
Why Use a Capital City Realty Buyer’s Agent?
In the world of information and technology buyers can easily find all the real estate data they need or want with a few keystrokes in Google. So why use a buyer’s agent?
Buyer agency protects a buyer’s best interest and is a free service. Many buyers do not know that the name on the “For Sale” sign is a listing agent with a fiduciary duty to try and get the highest price possible for the listed property.
The following are traits our buyer agents offer that buyers want!
- Honesty: We provide all relevant facts about the property and share our experience and expertise on ways to handle any issues and/or solutions to the problems.
- Clear direction: We explain every step of the buying process. We also share different scenarios and possible outcomes to keep you prepared.
- Choices: We explain every option and what it means to your situation to allow for the most educated choices possible.
- Exceptional service: We know our area and we get to know our clients. By knowing about the different areas of Columbia we assist buyers with educated decisions. After getting to know a client and his/her needs we can point them in the right direction via home styles, amenities and neighborhoods. We stay objective!
- Professional input: We provide clear, honest and experienced based recommendations and/or advice. The bottom line is we seek to assist our buyer exclusively.
- Sympathetic: We listen and learn without judgment. Our goal is to learn what your needs and wants are and ensure those needs are met.
Are you considering buying real estate in South Carolina?
Contact our team for exclusive buyer agency representation.
Tonya D Graves (803) 238-8612 Email: info@TonyaGraves.com
Columbia SC Homes For Sale
The Columbia market so far in 2013 is hot, hot, hot. Our boutique real estate firm is keeping up with the big guys. We are currently ranked in the top 5% of all companies in our Columbia market. The Capital City Real Estate team is closing deals and enjoying working with many buyers from around the globe.
Whether looking for an estate on Lake Murray or a downtown Columbia home in Shandon or Heathwood, Capital City Realty ensures you have access to all the latest available real estate data. Below you will see a break down of all homes for sale in Columbia SC real estate market by price. Have you been pre-approved for a Columbia SC home loan? If not, email IngridCLee@gmail.com and get your approval today.
|200-400k||400 - 600k||600 - 800k||800 - 1 Million||1 Million +|
3214 Devine Street Rice Music House
3214 Devine Street, the Rice Music House building in Columbia, SC is gone but not forgotten.
On December 21, 2012 the wrecking crew demolished the building.
The property had been for sale or lease before demolishion.
Today the lot is cleared and ready for the next chapter.
Local Points of Interest
- Rice Music House has been a landmark in Columbia. With a rich history of accomplishments the business relocated to the Villages of Sandhills.
- Rice Music House is SC’s oldest piano retailer pianos. Their first location opened in 1924 in Spartanburg. The Columbia branch opened in 1935, the same year they were awarded the Steinway & Sons franchise.
- 1924 first Rice Music House opened in Spartanburg
- 1935 in August a Columbia branch opened
- 1935 awarded STEINWAY & SONS franchise
- 2004 Rice Music House sold to SuMohan Acquisitions a SC Corporation
- 2012 3214 Devine Street Building demolished
Are you interested in buying real estate in Columbia SC?
Renovated 5 BR Home w/Inground Pool NE Columbia $109,900
- NE Columbia Home For Sale
- North Springs Neighborhood
- Renovated 5 Bedroom house
- Inground pool
- Gas Fireplace
- Vaulted ceilings with skylights
- Granite counters
- New kitchen appliances
Contact Tonya Graves for a private showing:
(803) 238-8612 or info@TonyaGraves.com
This home is the DEAL you have been looking for!
Columbia SC celebrates the new year 2013 with a free party, live music, fireworks and a ball drop at Midnight.
Celebrating and bringing in the New Year 2013 can be fun and free in Downtown Columbia SC.
Entertainment begins around 6:20 with the Reggie Sullivan Band followed by Terrance Young, DJ BizMarkie, Atlantic Starr and the Wallflowers.
Things will amp up around 11:50 with Midnight Fireworks, countdown to the ball drop and other festivities.
Columbia SC vendors will be selling food and soft drinks. Beer, wine and champagne will also be available.
Visit the big tents at Resolution Row at the corner of Lady and Main Streets to record your 2013 resolutions on the big canvas banner.
General Admission is free and includes admission to The Zone to watch college football games.
General Admission Entry Locations:
1. Washington Street @ Main Street
2. Sumter Street @ Lady Street
3. Assembly Street @ Lady Street
Parking is free at 5 locations:
1. Assembly Street @ Washington Street
2. Washington Street @ Lincoln Street
3. Pendleton Street
4. Taylor Street @ Sumter Street
5. Taylor Street @ Assembly
I remember my first mortgage in the 1990's and the rate was around 10 percent. Jump forward to 2005 and home buyers were thrilled with rates as low as 6%. Present day is December 2012 and a month ago we saw the lowest rates since 1971.
- Current 30 year fixed rate 3.35%
- Current 15 year fixed rate 2.65%
Todays low mortgage interest rates allow home buyers to get more for their money. Low mortgage rates are also stimulating the real estate sales. Columbia SC home sales are up 15% over the same period in 2011.
Interest rates vary depending on credit score, loan type and loan size. Contact a South Carolina loan originator for more information and a quote.
Written by Tonya Graves - Columbia SC real estate sales