8 Reasons to consider a new construction home in Columbia, SC
Bethany Way of Capital City Realty is a new home specialist and shares why buyers should consider new construction in their home search:
- New homes are energy efficient. You save money on monthly utilities, making buying and maintaining a home even more affordable.
- New home builders are happy to work with you and your buyer’s agent.
- Your new home will be covered under a home warranty, including a structural warranty. Many other components of the home will have additional warranties (HVAC, appliances, etc).
- Many builders will pay buyer closing costs as an incentive, giving you more funds for a down payment or to spend on furniture for your new digs.
- Builders almost always have finished or nearly completed homes for buyers with shorter time constraints.
- For buyers with more time flexibility, you can also select your own floor plan and lot and build from start to finish, customizing your new home to your preferred finishes and colors.
- Fewer repairs are needed and no updating is required. A new home minimizes out of pocket costs for buyers, making it especially appealing for a first time buyer.
- Some builders may offer other incentives such as free upgrades or a job-based incentive for teachers, military, or law enforcement.
If you have questions about building or new home construction, contact Bethany Way at 803-873-4096 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Columbia has many home builders and new home communities in all areas of town. Let Bethany help you select the community and builder that is right for you.