Built 1870 by Samuel Johnson, architect and builder, for Captain W.G. Jordan in Greek Revival style with Italianate ornamented cornices. In the late 1940's Mrs. Virginia Owens Crawford began a complete renovation of the house and its extensive gardens. Her love for the property and the landscaped gardens remains today. It was then bought from the Crawford heirs in 1959 by the current family, and they spent a year renovating it as their residence there until 2017. House is sold as-is. House and Land sold together. From THE FAIRFIELD SKETCHBOOK (P.116): "Woodland"- "The house is beautifully located on a large wooded lot and is shaded with spreading oaks and large, waxy magnolia trees that perfume the entire neighborhood when they are in bloom." Graceful fluted columns support a classic portico on the front; this is the focal point of the building. The windows and doors are well proportioned and artistically spaced. A handsome, colonial-type stairway with delightfully carved banisters dominates the interior."
Listing courtesy of Era Wilder Realty.