Columbia, SC Real Estate Data (August Data)
Total Sales in the previous 123 months (Ending date 8/31/12): 7,212
New Construction Sales in previous 12 months: 1,753
Foreclosure Sales in previous 12 months: 1,035
Total Sales in the same period one year ago (Ending date 8/31/11): 6,327
New Construction Sales in the prior year: 1,564
Foreclosure Sales in the prior year: 915
- Total Sales in July 2011: 616
- Total Sales in August 2012: 779
- Total Sales in August 2011: 629
- New Construction Sales in July 2012: 157
- New Construction Sales in July 2011: 158
- New Construction Sales in August 2012: 180
- New Construction Sales in August 2011: 138
- Foreclosure Sales in July 2012: 93
- Foreclosure Sales in July 2011: 86
- Foreclosure Sales in August 2012: 110
- Foreclosure Sales in August 2011: 96
Inventory* on-hand (Columbia Metropolitan Area = ALL): 11.3 months
Last month it was 12.0 months. The trend has been improvement.
* Inventory based on previous six months of sales as recommended by FannieMae 08-30 page 3.
11 Months of inventory indicates a weak (or Buyer's Market) with downward pricing pressure. Inventories have been dropping for several months indicating that the local market may be beginning to stabilize.
The sales mix in the Columbia Metropolitan Area is about: 23% New
Construction, 14% Foreclosures and 63% Existing Home Sales. This appraiser estimates that about 3% of the Existing Home Sales were "Short Sales."
Source: HURST APPRAISAL using CMLS sales data. Liability is limited to the price paid for this report.