3214 Devine Street Rice Music House
3214 Devine Street, the Rice Music House building in Columbia, SC is gone but not forgotten.
On December 21, 2012 the wrecking crew demolished the building.
The property had been for sale or lease before demolishion.
Today the lot is cleared and ready for the next chapter.
Local Points of Interest
- Rice Music House has been a landmark in Columbia. With a rich history of accomplishments the business relocated to the Villages of Sandhills.
- Rice Music House is SC’s oldest piano retailer pianos. Their first location opened in 1924 in Spartanburg. The Columbia branch opened in 1935, the same year they were awarded the Steinway & Sons franchise.
- 1924 first Rice Music House opened in Spartanburg
- 1935 in August a Columbia branch opened
- 1935 awarded STEINWAY & SONS franchise
- 2004 Rice Music House sold to SuMohan Acquisitions a SC Corporation
- 2012 3214 Devine Street Building demolished
Are you interested in buying real estate in Columbia SC?